Denver Cirque du Solei LUZIA is officially here.
A newly designed white and gold Big Top.
LUZIA marks the first time Cirque du Soleil presents a production under a Big Top featuring printed patterns directly related to the theme of the show. The patterns evoke the association between Cirque du Soleil (the sun) and Mexico (the word originates from Mtztli, meaning ‘moon’, and Xuctli which means ‘middle’) and symbolize the meeting of two celestial bodies: the sun and the moon.
A few facts about the LUZIA Big Top and the Cirque du Soleil village:
· The Big Top seats more than 2,600 people.
· The entire site set-up takes 8 days.
· The Big Top stands at 19 meters (62 feet) high and is 51 meters (167 feet) in diameter.
· The 4 steel masts each stand at 25 meters (82 feet) tall.
· 550 pegs are required to hold the big top firmly to 48,500 square feet of asphalt.
· The Big Top can withstand winds up to 120 km/h (75 mph).
· The light-coloured canvas helps counter the effects of the sun, thereby reducing energy consumption and minimizing greenhouse gas emissions.
· LUZIA travels via 65 trailer trucks carrying close to 2,000 tons of equipment
LUZIA, a waking dream of Mexico, opens in Denver on June 1, 2017 for a limited engagement through July 9, 2017. For more information, visit www.cirquedusoleil.com/luzia.
This will be a show you don’t want to miss!
Photos by Teddy G /Xposer Photography